The first sub-branch was known as The Macarthur sub-Branch and was formed in 1927, it was later renamed Parramatta sub-Branch of the RSSAILA (returned Sailors, Soldiers and Airmen’s Imperial League of Australia).
On the 16th August 1958 the sub-branch had acquired Linden House in Macquarie Street, Parramatta. The building was used for official sub-Branch meetings and as an unofficial Club for members of the sub-Branch.
During 1947, legislation was passed in the NSW State Parliament, known as The Registered Clubs Act and so the Parramatta RSL Club became legitimate.
During mid 1997, the Club Premises was re-dedicated as a War Memorial, to reinforce the original dedication performed at the opening of our Club in its present location on 16th August 1958.
On the 13th August 2000, an opening ceremony and another dedication took place in the Club’s Parking Station in Macquarie Street opposite the club. Now all of the Club premises are dedicated as a War Memorial
On 11th February 2008, Castle Hill RSL amalgamated with Parramatta RSL. Following that a $3 million refurbishment took place. Transforming the RSL into a contemporary entertainment complex and setting a new bench mark for Parramatta.